Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Going the Extra Mile - Change your Paradigm!




            Often times we intend to do all the right things, with all the right motives and still can’t see why things are grim or don’t turn out the way we planned.  Have you ever had one of those days when nothing seems to go right? Heck…. have you ever had one of those weeks, months or years?  It seems that the black cloud follows you everywhere you go.  Amazingly enough, going the extra mile is all a part of Karma.  Doing what is right when no one else is watching is a part of Shibumi – self-perfection.  So why is it, if you do your best, life still seems to beat you up and punch you in the face?

Don’t fret, just because it seems so, doesn’t mean it is so: 

https://events.membersolutions.com/event_register.asp?content_id=64376My Yoga Teacher Swami Buaji, who passed at approximately 122 years old, once told me, that your perception, is your reality.  Remember just because you believe it to be true doesn’t necessarily mean it is.  Hundreds of years ago, people thought the world was flat.  Also, there are many depths of perception; whether you see yourself as giving 100%, others may not or you see yourself as having a bad day when in fact it may not really be.  It just takes a shift in perception and what I call a “Paradigm Shift.”  I remember when I was reading a book and I kept reading the word Paradigm. This may be hard to explain in writing but I was reading the word and pronouncing it as Para Did GIM.  When I mentioned it to my friend, they asked are you saying, and then the pronounced it Para Dine. I laughed as if they were wrong, thinking they meant something else and I repeated Para Did Gim as if I was teaching them.  They said “show me the word.”  I grabbed the book and did, they laughed and said, the word is pronounced Para Dine.  My entire Paradigm immediately shifted, what I thought was real, wasn’t at all, and I was ready to stand my ground.  My life as it was, shifted into an entirely different Paradigm.    

Do you see where I am going here?  Going the extra mile in your mind, may not necessarily be true in the real world.  The old adage you get what you pay for is not necessarily true.  I remember watching a T.V show that was researching the mentality of a consumer.  They were serving three different types of water to the restaurant clientele asking which they thought was best.  One had a beautiful label, the other had a basic label, but a beautiful bottle and the other had a spider lying in the bottom of a bottle.  This bottle was carefully designed with a very interesting logo and slogan. Most people would be sickened by the spider, but the waiter had told everyone that his was a tradition in a particular country and the spider was known to increase health and vitality due to its natural properties.

One bottle of water was $5, the other $10 and the spider water was a whopping $50 per bottle.  Do you believe, people were actually ordering the spider water?  Thank goodness at the end they revealed to the watchers that it was a rubber spider and somewhat of a gag.  But the reality is people believed the story and their paradigm had shifted.  Oh, by the way, all of the water was exactly the same and directly from the tap in the kitchen.  Perception is reality, but only your reality!  

            Do you believe that you are giving your ultimate best and living up to your potential?  If not maybe it’s high time you did.  A big factor in achieving your potential is for every potential negative thought or destructive behavior in your life, you have to nurture positive behaviors.  Those negative behaviors make your life that much more difficult.  To nurture a proper positive reality and perspective you have to start to shift your perception and attitude. 

This is not an article or blog post on how to do that, however, it can help you be on your way toward making the necessary changes and to do a great deal of reformatting and reanalyzing.  Getting the pulse on what you think is most important. Take the time and search for the truth, and retrain your mind, the truth is out there.  It will be well worth the effort.

In my book I talk about this and so much more.  I am still offering my book for FREE, well not Free entirely, but free from me. The cost of the book and shipping is only $8.95.  I am not making a profit on the book, I am just covering my costs and shipping. I just want to help the world at large.  If you are interested click here to get a copy today.     

No comments :

Post a Comment