Friday, March 3, 2017

Hello Everyone:

I have not posted on my blog in quite some time.  When I finally realized that so much time had gone by and I went to post, I noticed that the initial company I was using closed down. So all of my posts were lost.  That's okay, I never have a shortage of things to say.

I wanted this first post to be some what of a waiver to those reading or subscribing.  I may not always be the most politically correct and I don't mean just about politics.  I may write things or say things, that people may take offense to.  However, please understand that my goal is not to upset or make anyone angry.  My ultimate goal is to shift paradigms and maybe open up new thought.  I want to share information that I have accumulated over my 52 years (at the time of this post) on this planet.

If you don't know me, I am a career martial art instructor with approximately 38 years of teaching experience and 49 years training in the martial arts.  It really isn't that difficult, I was put in the martial arts by my parents at approximately 3 years old.  I say approximately because this can be debated by my relatives. I have a cousin who was a quite accomplished martial artist, that says he started teaching me the minute I was born.  So that is part of the story, but my parents enrolled me in the martial arts at approximately 3 years.  Rather then go into that story you can go to my website to read a little more about me at either www.lininja.com - my martial art school for the last 25 years or my personal website at www.alliealberigo.com.  Allie Alberigo .com was developed for those interested in learning a little more about me, rather then what I do. However, the two are really not separable.

When I speak it comes from a very strong point of view.  I have to be honest, you are either going to love me or not love me so much (haha)  You may have to decide to tolerate things that I say, you may not want to hear, like my strong opinion on vegetarianism and being a Vegan or my political rants about our president.   Most of all understand that I literally think, act, live and breath the martial arts and the mindset of a martial art teacher.  So most of what you read, will have strong opinions of how I think, coming from the warrior perspective.

I will share links and stories with some of my friends that are highly famous and those that are quite and reserved. Each of them are amazing sages in life. Please don't get angry if you read something that you disagree with.  It is okay to voice your opinion, but always remember to be respectful and nice about it.  We can all learn from each other.  Remember though, "A Warrior" teaches from experience and can only share what they believe in their heart and their lessons of hard knocks.  We don't dance around, staying silent, attempting to make everyone happy.  We - Warriors, realize sometimes we have to teach and share our philosophies or else it will be lost.  If you chose not to agree, just delete the thought from your head and be smart, taking out what you believe or like. This mindset I call the WIIFM - What's in it for me - Mentality.  Remember, there is a lesson in everything you just have to find out how it suits you.  At times though, you may want to open your mind to the thoughts that are being shared and ask yourself, can I adopt this philosophy and learn and become a better person, due to it.  I hope you enjoy taking this journey with me.

in spirit;







Allie Alberigo, Shihan

No comments :

Post a Comment